Most people buy an AED to be ‘on the safe side.’ AED Program Management from AED Source helps make you even more confident in your safety protocol.
Have you ever gotten in a car to go and realized it’s out of gas? AED Program Management will help make sure that never happens to your AED. Program Management offers vital healthcare insights and instructions from licensed physicians to keep you on top of things.
What Is AED Program Management?
An AED Management Program empowers you to effectively monitor and meet all the requirements for AED owners in every state in the U.S. These programs may come in different forms:
- Paper-based records such as manual notes and spreadsheets
- Digital or paper calendar reminders that record significant dates in your maintenance schedule
- Software programs that let you manage single or multiple AEDS in various locations
Paper documents and simple calendar reminders may be useful in a basic way. However, they are limited because they largely depend on human memory to stay updated. This can be a big issue when the person responsible for the AED changes as well.
A software subscription to AED Program Management is a superior comprehensive solution for AED owners. It makes it possible for you to maintain the proper functionality of your AEDs in an accurate, efficient way. It also effectively safeguards you from possible liabilities related to AED usage.
Professional guidance is a necessity for AED owners because it allows healthcare experts to oversee your program. It gives physicians the chance to review the data generated by your AED machine during a cardiac emergency and for everyone to achieve the common goal of doing everything we can to save a life.
These are some types of organizations that can take advantage of AED Program Management:
- Small Businesses
- Non-profit Organizations
- Social Clubs
Benefits of AED Program Management
Program Management frees you from the burden of manually keeping track of your AED maintenance schedule.
AED Source’s program enhances productivity by fully automating the AED management process. These are some of the benefits of having an AED maintenance plan in place:
- Maintaining quality control even if you have multiple defibrillator machines in different locations
- Ensuring that your AEDs are properly functioning over the months and years. This could make a crucial impact during emergency circumstances when you need to provide basic medical assistance to cardiac patients.
- Facing auditors confidently by presenting them with a detailed report that you can generate conveniently through our program
- Staying covered by the Good Samaritan laws of your state
- Transitioning AED duties easily to new AED managers through the proper documentation recorded by the program
How Much Does an AED Program Management Cost?
AED Program Management has a small cost, but the investment is definitely worth it to protect the investment you made to have an AED in the first place. It makes sure that your AEDs are working properly so you and your team can be prepared for cardiac emergencies that may take place in your office or organizational facility.
AED Program Management Services From AED Source
AED Source’s AED Program Management makes it possible for you and your organization to maintain up to 100 automated defibrillators while remaining compliant with the laws of the state and federal government.
The AED program requirements commonly include:
- Physician oversight of your AED program
- Site protocols
- Monthly readiness checks
- Some local municipalities may require AED registration with an Emergency Medical Services agency
- Certain local municipalities may request post-event reporting
These are some of the services that you will gain through our AED Management Program:
- Initial Setup
- Annual Physician Prescription for every AED unit
- State/Local AED registration
- Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Ongoing Support
- Medical Oversight
- Online Portal for AED Tracking
- Monthly Inspection email reminders
- Inspection history documentation
- 90-day, 60-day, or 30-day Battery and Electrode Expiration notifications
- Instant notification alerts for failed AED inspections
- Post Event Services
- Loaner AED to make sure you have a functioning AED while the used AED is serviced.
- AED data download, Physician review, and Post Event reporting (if required)
- AED inspected, re-stocked with new pads/battery, cleaned, and returned
- Post-event debriefing and consultation