Discover more about the Cardiac Science G3 Adult Defibrillation Electrode Pads by exploring its features:
- These adult pads are compatible with all Powerheart G3 series automated external defibrillators (AEDs). These include models 9300 and 9390.
- They are suitable for use on SCA patients who are older than 8 years old and who weigh more than 55 pounds.
- Cardiac Science developed the special pad technology to streamline the rescue process and to prepare the electrodes for immediate use. It reduces the steps that a first aid responder needs to resuscitate a patient.
- The adult pads are positioned on the chest of the patient to minimize confusion during the rescue procedure
- The defibrillation pads are interchangeable and non-polarized. It means that they may be placed on either the upper right side or the lower left side of the chest.
- The product has a 2-year shelf life.
The Role of Defibrillation Pads in Sudden Cardiac Arrest Emergencies
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) unexpectedly happens to patients anytime, anywhere. This condition is triggered by an electrical malfunction in the heart which leads to arrhythmia or irregular heartbeats.
During SCA, the heart loses its ability to pump blood to the brain, lungs, and other organs of the body. The patient becomes unconscious and loses his or her pulse. There is a possibility that the individual may die if he or she does not receive the proper treatment within several minutes.
AEDs and defibrillation pads make it possible for first aid responders to immediately resuscitate the patient to save his or her life. Whether the responders are healthcare professionals or civilians with CPR training, they need high-quality AED equipment like AED pads that are functioning properly to provide emergency assistance to SCA victims.
The Importance of Having Defibrillation Pads
Companies, organizations, communities, and families need to have an extra set of AED pads on hand. These are some of the reasons why:
- Additional pads are vital during situations when several patients require resuscitation.
- Extra pads can come in handy when electrode pads lose their adhesive properties because of moisture exposure during medical emergencies.
- Defibrillation pads need to be replaced once they are past their shelf life.
Be ready for SCA emergency circumstances in your workplace, community, or home. Order a Cardiac Science G3 Adult Defibrillation Electrode Pads from Prime Medical Training today. Call us at (888) 288-9049 if you have questions about our product.