The Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a portable digital medical device that helps stop an irregular heartbeat and enables a normal rhythm after a sudden cardiac arrest.
This device requires electrode pads to work. For patients eight years old (less than 55 pounds), we recommend using the Cardiac Science G5 Intellisense Pediatric Defibrillation Pads.
These pediatric pads are non-polarized, eliminating the need to find a front or back side. When using one, place it on the chest at any position. The Cardiac Science Powerheart® G5 AED automatically detects it as a kid-safe pad and adjusts its energy output accordingly.
What Are Pediatric Defibrillation Pads Used For?
Our pediatric pads help AEDs analyze a patient’s heart just like adult cardiac scientific defibrillation pads do. These products are critical extensions that allow AEDs to revive children showing signs of sudden cardiac arrest. As kids require lower shock levels, they are essential in any safety kit.
How To Use Pediatric Electrode Pads
Here’s a step-by-step guide to saving a child with no signs of circulation:
- Step 1: Turn on the AED.
- Step 2: Expose the chest, and make sure it’s dry.
- Step 3: Place the pediatric pads on the chest area.
- Step 4: Use the AED and perform CPR as required.
Where Should I Place Electrode Pads on the Body?
Peel off the backing and stick two pads — one on the upper right chest above the breast and one on the left side of the chest below the armpit. For infants, place a pad on the front part of the chest and one on the back.
Powerheart Intellisense G5 Pediatric Defibrillation Pads Features
- Replacement pads for Cardiac Science Powerheart® G5 AED
- One-time use TENS unit pads for children eight years old (55 pounds) and below
- Non-polarized products that can be used on either side
- Helps the AED adjust shocks to pediatric protocols and requirements
- Rescue Ready® technology that stores patient type, energy, CPR protocol, and other valuable data to the G5
- Up to two-year shelf life when sealed
- With AED placements across schools, malls, airports, and other public places
- Available for four monthly installments of $26
Why Buy Pediatric Defibrillation Pads?
Pediatric pads work just like adult ones do, but the energy level makes all the difference. If you are in an environment frequented by children below eight years old or 55 pounds, we highly recommend storing these products for each on-site AED.
Get Defibrillation Pads for Powerheart G5 AED Now
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) claims the lives of over 2,000 American children and adults every year. It is responsible for roughly 3–5% of deaths in children in the 5 – 19 age group and 10 –15% of unexpected infant deaths. This condition may affect even physically fit individuals.
AEDs can be the difference between life and death during such incidents. AED availability statistics reveal that these machines save an estimated 1,700 lives annually.
Because SCA doesn’t discriminate against age, it’s best to prepare for worst-case scenarios for adults and kids alike. Store pediatric pads now with your AED to save the lives of countless children.
There are no reviews yet.